There are many countries on the planet which fall into the category of the developed country. The lifestyle, standard of living and facilities in these countries attract a number of people from all over the world, and therefore many people from different countries love to migrate to such countries. One of the most popular countries among the migrants is the land of Canada.
Situated in the Northern part of North America, Canada is the fourth largest country by the land area. It is one of the countries with adiverse landscape, and people from all over the world come to Canada for pursuing higher studies or job. This, culturally and the-economically advanced country has a lot of openings when it comes to higher education or jobs.
If you are a foreigner trying to get a working holiday visa in Canada, then there are only a few steps that you need to follow, and the following article will try to explain that in short.
Who can apply for the Visa?
The holiday working visa Canada falls under the International Experience Canada or IEC. This allows people who are under the age of thirty-five to come and work in Canada for a certain period with a maximum time of two years. More than thirty countries can apply for this.
The candidates who are eligible for the working visa in Canada need to pass the following criteria:
- You have to be a citizen of any one of the countries having bilateral youth agreement with Canada.
- The validity of the passport must be as long as the work permit that will be issued
- The candidate must be of 18-35 years of age at the time of applying.
- You must have an amount of 2500 Canadian dollar once you reach to cover your initial expenses.
- Have your health insurance covered for the duration of your work.
- The candidate must be admissible to Canada and not be accompanied by any dependents.
- The round trip ticket has to be booked at the expense of the candidate.
What to be followed next?
Once you pass the eligibility criteria, you have to open an IEC account with a profile of your own. The candidates have to wait for the pool which will be doneon the basis of other candidates in the same country. Once you receive a confirmation on this, you can start your application for a work permit. A certain amount has to be paid by you while filling in the documents.
Once the application is submitted, the CIC will assess the application and if needed ask for additional documents. Once the application is a success, the letter of introduction will be sent to your account. This will help you receive the work permit when submitted to the immigration officer. Hence you can consider here as your task is achieved.
The other types of Visa permit can be the Young Professionals or the International Co-operative Internships.