Scratched and damaged glazes really look bad on your bathroom and kitchen tiles. Ceramic wall tiles India manufacturers bring some glazing restoring tips for you in this post. All these tips can be considered for porcelain and ceramic wall and floor tiles. You can follow them and remember the warnings and instructions shared by the experts.
Glazing Repairing Steps
- Get tiles resurfacing kit from local home improvement store? Determine the finish of your tile and match the kit. There are kits catering to satin, matte or speckle finishes. If you want to repair the glaze of ceramic tile, choose a kit for glossy finishes.
- Use non abrasive cleaner to wipe the tile surface. You can use a mix of vinegar and water to remove any loose paint. For even finish, use sandpaper. Scrub the tile with an abrasive pad and wash it and let it dry.
- Stir each solution come with the kit in right ratio specified in the instruction labeled on the pack. Take an empty can and include all ingredients and mix.
- Apply the solution to the surface with fine varnish brush. Do it slowly in one direction to create even glaze.
- Apply up to four coats as desired by the tile. You need to wait for an hour between coats.
- Cure the tile with resurfacing solution for at least 48 hours
- Once tile gets dried, wash it as usual with a non-abrasive cleaner.
Things you need for glazing repair-
- Tile resurfacing kit
- Paint stirrer
- Non abrasive cleaner
- Masking tape (optional)
- Abrasive pad
- Varnish brush
- Empty can
Don’t forget to wear gloves, goggles, and mask while working. Make sure the area you choose to perform glazing repairing should have proper ventilation.
If the tile you want to repair has a cracked or chipped surface, you can treat it with patching compound by following the instructions of manufacturer prior repairing the glaze. For large surfaces, you can apply most resurfacing solutions using paint sprayer or a small roller.
If it is your first time, it is better to ask professional for help. Ceramic wall tiles suppliers in India can provide their best assistance for glazing repair and resurfacing of the tile. Contact the nearest supplier in your local and get the best offers.