Maintaining a healthy diet is to balance the correct level of essential nutrients, vitamins, minerals, etc. regularly and adequately. It is necessary to achieve a balanced diet for living a healthy life. Having and balancing a “healthy diet plan” keeps the human beings away from diseases, illness, and other health complications. It is also essential that we should not avoid any of the elements which give us nutrients, carbohydrates, etc. It has many advantages like controlling the weight, boosts the energy level, increases brain power, etc.
How to have a balanced diet?
There are many ways to maintain a healthy diet where we have to sustain nutritionally-balanced diet regularly.
- The first thing to note is that we must know what a well-balanced diet is and how to plan it properly. We must include all types of food groups like grains, proteins, vitamins, fruits, vegetables and dairy items.
- We must know the diet plan and maintain the calorie level. It essential that we should not eat the same food group like proteins for one week and vitamins for another week. We have to take all types of food groups in a connected way.
- We have to follow the correct meal time and have to take the natural food items properly.
How to maintain a balanced diet for women?
Women have to maintain a different diet while comparing with men because the nutritional needs of women vary.
- Women have to take more Iron-rich foods to compensate for their menstrual cycles and during childbearing years.
- The advice of USDA is to take 1000mg/day of calcium for adults from the age of 19-50. For more than the age of 50, they can take about 1200 mg/day.
- It is important to add all types of natural fruits and vegetables in the daily diet plan.
- Even though the calorie requirement of women is less than men, women have to take more amount of proteins, carbohydrates and all other nutrients to overcome all the risks under puberty, menstrual cycle, menopause, weakened bones, child-bearing, anemia, etc.
Maintaining a healthy balanced diet plan for women during pregnancy:
The healthy balanced diet plan varies for the during her pregnancy time. The diet changes for every month from the formation of the baby till the day when the mother gives birth to the child.
- It is more important to take 300 extra calories than that of an average person where now both the mother and the baby gets the nutrients.
- Mothers should take fruits and vegetables compulsorily where Vitamin C and Folic acids are the most required nutrients during pregnancy time.
- During pregnancy, the mothers can take broccoli, sprouts, etc. where the vitamins are more in these food items.
- Drinking more glasses of water helps to maintain the body in hydrated level.
Maintaining a balanced diet for men:
The choice of selection of diet varies to men because the working place and situation make the man eat more junk foods, unhealthy foods, snacks, etc. Men must avoid all the unwanted foods items which are not healthy.
- Men should also take more fruits, vegetables, meat, etc. to balance the diet plan and boost up the energy level.
- Men should limit the sodium level and avoid all saturated fat items.
- Avoiding alcohol, more sugar content, etc. is essential.
- Men should compulsorily take the considerable amount of whole grain bread, cereals, and starchy vegetables which are rich in fiber, minerals, carbohydrates, etc.
A balanced diet for Kids:
Nutrient level for kids is same that of adults but the variation is in the amount of level we take the nutrients for different ages.
- The main of balancing the diet is by limiting the calorie’s level. We can restrict the amount of sugar content foods and fat level.
- Encouraging the children to eat more diary items is important for their bone strength and tooth.
- Intake of grains, fruits and vegetables must be more because they need more energy to play, swim, etc.
- It is the original note that the foundation of eating habits must be good, where we can avoid snacks items, junk foods, chocolates, which are not good for health.
Healthy balanced diet plan for vegetarians:
Vegetarians can maintain a balanced, healthy diet because lots of nutrients are available only in vegetarian food items. Vegetarians can enjoy a high intake of grains, cereals, nuts, seeds, etc., in their daily life without any skip.
- The amount of beans, peas, etc. we take daily helps out the person to get more proteins which are the essential nutrient in daily life.
- By eating a variety of food items like vegetables, fruits, grains, pulses, nuts, etc. vegetarians can get the adequate amount of nutrients in their body without having any non-meat sources like chicken, fish, etc.
- Vegetarians pay more attention to iron-rich items, omega-3 fatty acids, proteins and vitamins where they regularly follow their daily food plans.
How to maintain a healthy balanced diet plan to lose weight?
Maintaining a balanced diet is not just burning the calories by exercise, going to the gym, walking, running, etc. It is a fact that we have to follow a healthy diet plan.
- By knowing Body Mass Index (BMI), we can easily reduce the weight level. People follow different methods in reducing their weight.
- We can consume more green leafy vegetables, moong dal, chapathi, apple, radish, bananas, cereals and grains to reduce the weight.
- Reducing the weight is not possible in just one day. It is a step by step process. It takes some time to cut the body weight by consuming the limited amount of food with more nutrients. We have to take a look at the number of meals where some take more number of meals per day.
Following a balanced diet plan to avoid risk causing diseases:
The foremost part of dealing with the healthy food groups is to avoid the risk causing diseases. There are lots of diseases like diabetes, heart diseases, obesity, anemia, cancer, dental disease, etc. The primary cause of all these diseases is the deficiency in nutrition. To avoid all these diseases at the starting stage, we have to maintain a proper and regular healthy diet plan.
We must also prevent others aspects like alcohol, nicotine, etc. which are very harmful to us and disturbs the daily functions of our body. It is significant to take more amounts of proteins, vitamins, carbohydrates, minerals, etc. and avoid fat and sugar item in our diet plan.