A blackhead is a common type of acne in both men and women. It is a small spot on the skin, with a black top. The cause of blackheads is due to blockages in the pores due to dead cells, dirt, sebum accumulation. The pores are open on the surface of the skin, so acne is more likely to have oxidative reactions, forming dark melanin pigments when exposed to oxygen in the external environment.
Blackheads are the first signs of skin lesions caused by acne. They concentrate in areas of the skin that have many sebaceous glands, especially cheeks. Besides, blackheads are also one of the causes of enlarged pores and are places where bacteria are easy to penetrate. So, if not treated promptly, blackheads can be complicated and form inflammatory cavities, leaving more severe lesions on the skin. In particular, the appearance of blackheads on cheeks also affect the beauty of our faces.
The following will help you know how to get rid of blackheads on cheeks with natural home remedies. Being ingredients available in your kitchen, they are safe, effective and easy to do at home.
Baking soda is not only known as one of the ingredients for baking to make cakes but also has many benefits in skin beauty and acne treatment. It has antimicrobial properties that help kill the bacteria that cause acne on the skin, prevent skin infections and remove blackheads. It also has the exfoliating effect, limits excess oil production on the skin and soothes acne. Besides, it is considered as a natural antibiotic which helps fade acne scars, prevent blackheads, fights against inflammation on the skin and keeps pores healthy.
How to get rid of blackheads on cheeks with baking soda:
Formula 1: Baking soda and water
- Mix 2 teaspoons of baking soda with some water in a bowl to make a paste.
- Put the paste on your cheeks and massage gently.
- After 20 minutes, rinse your skin with clean water.
You should apply this formula twice or three times a week for the best results.
Formula 2: Baking soda and lemon juice
Lemon is rich in vitamin C, antioxidants, and AHA (alpha-hydroxy acid) which not only improve collagen productions but also prevent clogged pores and reduce acnes. Lemons work as a natural astringent to clear dead skin cells and dust on your pores.
- Clean your face with a specialized cleanser.
- Make a paste of baking soda and lemon juice.
- Apply it to your cheeks and leave it for about ten minutes.
- Clean your face again with lukewarm water.
You can do it before bedtime and then apply moisturizing essence to the skin. Note that this formula is suitable for normal and oily skin.
Formula 3: Baking soda and honey
With antioxidant and antiseptic properties, honey helps to removes blackheads by killing germs and impurities that clog pores.
- Mix baking soda with honey in a ration of 1:1.
- Apply it to your cheeks and leave it for about 10 minutes.
- Wash your face with clean water.
This formula will help you to remove blackheads on your cheeks quickly, cleanse the pores and make skin white and smooth.
Green Tea Powder
Green tea contains pure polyphenols, epigallocatechin gallate (EGCG) that has the antioxidant effect, and other antioxidants such as carotenoids and tocopherols. It also has antibacterial properties to protect the skin. Hence, green tea is considered as a natural cosmetic for skin beauty, skin rejuvenation, and blackhead removal. Nowadays, people usually use green tea powder instead of its leaves because of its convenience.
How to get rid of blackheads on cheeks with green tea powder:
Formula 1: Green tea powder and apple cider vinegar
Apple cider vinegar contains natural antiseptic ingredients that help kill acne bacteria and reduce inflammation. Moreover, it also works to remove acne scars and whiten the skin very well.
- Mix three teaspoons of green tea powder with one teaspoon of apple cider vinegar.
- Add a little warm water to the mixture to make a paste.
- Clean your face and apply this paste to your cheeks for 15 minutes.
- Rewash your face with lukewarm water and leave it dry naturally.
Apply this method twice or three times weekly to remove blackheads on cheeks fast.
Formula 2: Green tea powder and free-sugar yogurt
Using green tea powder and yogurt is appropriate for those who have sensitive skin as yogurt is mild. Furthermore, it can nourish the skin healthily and tighten the pores.
- Mix green tea powder and free-sugar yogurt by the same amount.
- Apply the mixture to your cheeks and leave it for 15-20 minutes.
- Use lukewarm water to clean up your face.
You should do this formula three times a week to get rid of blackheads soon.
Formula 3: Green tea powder and egg white
For those with blackheads on the cheeks, the combination of green tea powder and egg white is the best choice. Chicken eggs are rich in vitamin A, B and proteins, which help to cleanse the skin deeply, balance the moisture efficiently and prevent the growth of bacteria.
- Put the one egg white and two teaspoons of green tea powder into a bowl.
- Use a whisk to whisk the mixture until it is stiff.
- Wash your face clean and white the skin is still moist, apply the mixture all over the face, relax in 20 minutes.
- After the mask is dry, rinse with lukewarm water.
If you perform this recipe three times a week, blackheads on your face, especially cheeks will disappear, and the pores are completely tight.
Aside from how to get rid of blackheads on cheeks introduced above, you should not do the following to avoid exacerbating your condition of blackheads.
- Do not squeeze acne: It can cause pain, swelling and cannot get rid of acne completely, so blackheads continue to appear. Besides, squeezing acne too strong can cause scratches, leaving scars and bruise on the skin.
- Do not abuse blackhead peeling gels: Like squeezing acne, it does not bring the optimal effect. It stimulates sebaceous glands to work powerfully and inadvertently increase the condition of clogged pores. Blackheads are not only untreated but also outbreak and widespread.
• Do not bleach dead skin cells too many times: Blackheads are not just dead skin cells, so only doing it to treat blackheads will not be effective. Furthermore, exfoliating also make the skin thinner and become weaker. Therefore, it is susceptible to sunburn and is affected by external environmental factors.
The author of this article is Jasmine He, she is interested in health and beauty as well as having a strong desire for the well-being, she has a broad knowledge of this area after having the patience to learn and experience it for a couple of years. Along with her current education job, she has now been working as a freelance writer on health and beauty.