Mineral makeup offers health benefits to skin. Handmade cosmetics India manufacturers have made mineral makeup a trend today. The best thing is that it is made of all natural, fine minerals that are extracted from earth. There is no or limited use of chemicals, dyes, and preservatives in mineral makeup. If you have super sensitive skin and have bad experience with commercial makeup, then this tutorial is for you. Now learn how to prepare mineral makeup at home.
The formula we are using in this post eliminates irritants use and thus, the final product is kinder to your skin.
Since the method includes titanium dioxide which has anti-inflammatory properties, you can use it if you suffer from inflammatory issues like acne or rosacea. For SPF, we have used micronized zinc oxide to protect skin from sun damage and wrinkles.
The good part is you can easily regulate the purity of the ingredients you use for making custom color.
Materials needed for preparing custom mineral makeup
This will be your mineral makeup starter kit that will have –
- Micronized Titanium dioxide
- Zinc oxide
- Magnesium stearate
- Sericite Mica – matte finish
- Red, Yellow, and Brown iron oxide pigments
- Vitamin E oil
- Jojoba oil
- Essential oil like carrot seed oil or tea tree oil (optional)
- Small grinder or Mortar pestle
- Sifter jars of 30gm
- Measuring spoons
- Large foundation brush
Please note- this quantity will make approx 30 gram jars
Steps for making DIY mineral makeup –
- Mix all dry ingredients well. This will take time but you will see your color emerge once all ingredients are blended well.
- Take a mortar or grinder and combine ingredients
- 8 tsp Micronized titanium dioxide
- 3 tsp sericite mica
- 1 tsp Magnesium Stearate
- 4 tsp zinc oxide
- ½ -1 tsp yellow iron oxide
- 1/16 tsp brown iron oxide
- Pinch of red iron oxide
- Mix the wet ingredients
- ¼ tsp jojoba oil
- 5 drops of vitamin E oil
- 4-8 drops of essential oil of your choice (optional)
Make sure you distribute the oils evenly. Once you start mixing them, you notice that your minerals have absorbed the oil but don’t forget that they need to be worked around until you get a uniform blend. Once you get the uniform mixture, add 1 tsp of Sericite Mica to give the product matte finish.
You can transfer this mineral makeup using a funnel in a usable container. This is one of the finest DIYs shared by handmade cosmetics India manufacturers to prepare mineral makeup at home.