At any fertility clinic in chennai, a variety of doctors might treat infertility, for example gynaecologists, reproductive endocrinologists, urologists and andrologists but couples are increasingly consulting an infertility specialist who deals with all of these areas simultaneously.
The first visit should include both partners and will probably include a complete medical history of both. The biology of conception, the possible causes of infertility and a plan to determine a diagnosis are all discussed. The next step should be to establish an accurate diagnosis.
Moreover, infertility treatment is an advanced science and, like any other medical field, the right expert must be consulted. Often, due to lack of knowledge about the subject, couples facing or suspecting this issue turn to a general gynaecologist. However, an expert with a specialized background must be consulted for the right guidance.
To understand why pregnancy doesn’t happen, a couple and their doctor will try to answer four important questions:
- Is there a problem with ovulation?
- Is there a sperm problem?
- Can the egg and sperm unite?
- Can implantation occur and be maintained?
The process used to identify fertility problems is referred to as the infertility work- up. Scheduling of tests may vary with the individual situation, but the general rule is to proceed from the simple, less invasive tests to those that are more involved.
The treatment programme to be selected will depend upon the needs and preferences of each individual couple, and could consist of one or a combination of the following treatment options:
- Ovulation Induction and Cycle Monitoring
- Intra Uterine Insemination and IVF
- Surgical sperm retrieval (ssr)
- Vitrification or egg freezing
- Surrogacy or gestational surrogacy
- Hysteroscopy and Laparoscopy surgery
- Tubal evaluation through hysterosalpingogram (hsg)
- Evaluation of male partner by doppler tests and urological procedures
At most fertility clinic in Bangalore, all the above treatment options are available and it is very important for you to sit with your fertility specialist in order to have a clear understanding on your infertility problem and what treatment you will be undergoing.