Always wanted to build those muscles big? Well here is something you should add to your training regime to achieve that goal. Created by a visionary strength and conditioning coach Charles Staley the Escalating Density Training is the simplest way to build more muscles in less time.
Unlike many other training programs escalating density training is designed aiming at single goal of growing the muscles bigger. It is not strength training program. But it gives fat burning effect due to its pace.
EDT Training Program: Escalating Density Training
EDT: Escalating density training is all about increasing the density of your workouts by escalating the number of reps in given time, trying to break your personal record.
In principle, escalating density training is pairing two exercises in a superset and doing these alternatively for fifteen to twenty minutes. The pair of the exercises must be antagonistic like a push or pull.
Each movement you perform you need to do for five to six repetitions followed by rest for 30-40 seconds and then perform the other movement in the pair for same repetitions.
Continue alternating for fifteen minutes. You can lower the rest time on the later stages of the routine.
Many articles talk about building muscles fast, but there are only a few that explain EDT.
A detailed guide for EDT program can be found here Escalating Density Training.
You can use dumbbells, barbells, cables or body weight exercises to pair up and form your EDT combo. The pair must include two exercises that are opposing in motion. Due to these reciprocal innervations it allows you to put in more total work.
Working the opposing muscles in one exercise will freshen up the muscles needed for the other exercise in the pair. This allows you to increase the density of your efforts.
The step by step approach to Escalating Density Training:
There are many exercise combos that can be found for Escalating Density Training. But EDT is much more than just pairing two exercises. Right from choosing the correct combos to performing it the way it should be performed, here are some steps you should follow.
- Choose the pair of antagonistic exercises that works the opposing muscle group. You cannot pair up bicep curls with squats. This combo may give you their individual results, but you won’t be doing EDT. So we have to combine pull and press movements such as, Bicep Curls and Tricep extensions
- If you are doing barbell, dumbbell or cable exercises, then choose the weight which is approximately eighty percent of your one rep max or your ten rep max. If you are not able to complete fifty reps overall with this weight then you can consider reducing it by five to ten percent.
- Use a timer set it for fifteen minutes. Or twenty minutes depending on your training level.
- Perform five to six reps of each exercise in alternating manner. Rest for thirty seconds and repeat. Keep doing that till the time runs out. You can let the number of reps in a set drop as you fatigue. The goal here is to perform as many repetitions of both the exercises as possible in pre decided time, which are fifteen or twenty minutes.
- After finishing note down the total number of repetitions performed. If this is our first time doing EDT then this number is your personal record (or PR). Now every time you do this combo next your aim must be to bit this PR to set a new one.
- Take rest for few minutes after completing this block of fifteen minutes. Then you can move to next block. Beginners should start with one day week for EDT, but if you are in good shape and posses required muscle strength you follow this training three days a week.
This is how you keep increasing the density of your exercise while escalating to break your PR of total reps.
Go try the new regime called Escalating Density Training:
Still confused which kind of workout combos you can make for escalating density training. Here are some ideas for the workout pairs you can try.
- Pushups and Pull-ups
- Deadlift and Floor Press
- Bicep Curls and Tricepextensions
- Bench Press and Rows
- Leg Extension and Leg Curl
- Front Squats and Dips
- Front Squat and Back Extension
- Lat Pulldown and Triceps Pushdown
- Back Squat and Chin ups
Why you should choose escalating density training:
This is the method to grow your muscles bigger and faster. Besides being one of the best training programs to help you get that beast body you always dreamt of this is also fun challenge.
As it is easily measurable, you can challenge yourself in a well quantified way. It does not contain any complicated routines; it is just a simple and effective way to mass building.
More Related Posts
- 10 Exercises To Remove Stress
- Could Your Hip Pain Be Caused From Arthritis?
- Healthy Eating Habits Can Give You Best Traveling Experience
- Why Music Therapy Works for Dementia
- How To Get Relief from Osteoarthritis Pain