As the name suggests, submersible flat cables are used deep underwater or for passing water. The cables can be used as pump connections in industries and marines.
The multi-strand copper wires in the submersible flat cables make it suitable for de-watering, naval pumps, and mining.
These are used to supply electricity to the submersible pump. Submersible flat cables can be classified as,
- Three core flat cables are generally used for pumps and motors immersed deep underwater.
- Cables fabricated with aluminum protect the cables from ultraviolet or sun rays, have extraordinary electrical and thermal properties, and provide zero halogen insulation.
- PVC sheathed submersible flat cables absorb as much as 90 degrees of heat. This coat provides more power to the cables to operate for more time under water.
What makes submersible flat cables compatible for use underwater?
Submersible flat cables are PVC insulated and come with a three core-sheath
The layer protects the cables from water and grease, which is important for the long life of the cables. The sheathing also provides additional mechanical strength to the cables.
This means that even when high pressured fluids like water are passed through these cables, the chances of leakage, overflow, or bursts are less.
These are cost-effective
Submersible flat cables are durable and rust-free; the corrosion resistance property of submersible flat cables makes them apt for transferring hard water or, in other words, water with high alkaline content.
This means there is less scope for wear and tear and less need for maintenance. Hence buying submersible flat cable is a one-time investment with a long time return.
The submersible flat cables are fire retardant.
The PVC jacket keeps the cables insulated. This means using these kinds of cables, and you can ensure a safe working environment for your workers.
PVC emits less smoke. Hence even if there is a fire at the workplace, there will be less smoke; often, the smoke becomes a major issue to the health of the victims rather than the fire.
The submersible flat cables are also highly conductive due to cross-linked polyethylene.
The cables can conduct temperatures as high as 130 degrees centigrade and as low as 90 degrees centigrade and come with uniform resistance.
What are the criteria for choosing the best submersible flat cable?
The submersible flat cables should be selected based on the following criteria to get the best performance-
- Compliant to IS 694.
- Approved by FIA/ TAC.
- Comes with high-grade electrolyte material, like annealed copper.
- Available in different lengths, as long as 100 meters.
- These should also be available in many variants so customers can get unique submersible flat cables for each use.
So, get submersible flat cables that are flexible, power saving, tough and reliable; be it for domestic use or agricultural pump sets, submersible flat cables are a good choice for any need.