There are numerous window blinds to choose from. However, the Venetian blinds are probably the most versatile ones and offer boosted functionality with their special build and materials.
There are differently designed than any other types of blinds and offer easy installation in almost any kind of windows and rooms and easily clean and maintenance options.
These can also be used perfectly as conservatory blinds and also in the bathroom windows as well.
However, for different rooms or their design layouts, you might be tempted to install different material Venetian blinds. Two of the most common types of materials used in Venetian blinds are wood and aluminium.
Wooden vs Aluminum Venetian Blinds
This selection can be both difficult and illustrious for homeowners as both of these options offer some unique design aspects that suit differently designed interiors.
Here are some facts that should help answer the question wooden Venetian blinds or aluminium Venetian blinds – which are best for you?
Benefits of Wooden Venetians
To kick things off, wood is a natural substance and can preserve the natural shiny finish when worked in the right way. The major benefits of choosing wooden Venetian blinds are:
- They provide perfect privacy because of the nature of wood when shut completely and offer heightened privacy when opened at a slight angle.
- Because wood is a temperature insulator, when wooden Venetian are installed close to the window glass, they can maintain inside temperatures nicely.
- These offer very easy and less complicated installation where all you need to do is attach the top rack to the sides of the window.
- Wood strips can provide the most luxurious look when polished in the right way for the longest time possible.
- Where wooden furniture in any colour is utilized, these can match their colour and wooden appearance for enhanced efficiency.
- Wood keeps UV out completely.
- Lighter woods offer a lighter overall profile.
Limitations of Wooden Venetians
- Wood is a natural material and requires many processes to get it in the required appearance and shape. Thus the cost might be a little high than all the other types of blinds.
- Although most of the materials used in wooden Venetians are top quality, still sometimes they don’t offer as much durability as some of the other options.
- For some, the wooden look can be too plain and boring as well.
Benefits of Aluminum Venetians
Aluminum Venetian blinds come in numerous different shades and colours, and they are cheaper overall. If you are looking for cheap window blinds for much bigger installations like in the conservatory, these will be the better choice.
You can find other options like cheap Roman blinds, but almost all other options fail to come at low costs as the aluminium Venetians. Here are some of their benefits:
- Aluminum Venetians are very durable, come in many fashionable designs and are one of the cheapest options available.
- Made to measure aluminium, Venetians look very elegant and add no bulk to the windows at all.
- These offer a great way to zip up the window coverings.
- You can get these options in all the possible colours and finishes that perfectly suit your interior themes.
- You can control the level of privacy for different rooms in your homes using these types of window blinds.
- They are the lightest options, using motors as motorized window blinds that can automate even with smartphone apps.
- You can get these types of blinds in any required sizes and dimensions to fit your customized sized windows.
- The top paint layer is perfect for blocking UV and heat from entering the interior rooms in houses or anywhere you might want to install them.
Limitations of Aluminum Venetians
The only limitations or disadvantage of these types of window blinds is that they is made from metal.
Even though the top paint layers may do a good job of separating temperatures, but they fail to do it on the level of wooden blinds or even Roman blinds, for that matter.
This holds them back in extreme temperatures regions of the world.