Brass has always been considered as one of the best materials to be used in the manufacturing and electrical industry. These shining pieces of yellow metal are a blend or alloy of zinc and copper. Be it water delivery at house or as an electrical accessory, brass has been a choice by electricians and plumbers for years. So what are the most popular brass parts used in India?
Brass Cable Glands
These shining pieces of connectors help users create a sealing between the cable end and the equipment. Brass Cable Glands are,
- Water and weather proof
Brass Conduit Fittings
These refer to bushes and adaptors which are generally used underground. These fittings are exposed to more moisture and high temperature. High grade brass makes the conduit fittings more resistant to heat and prevents corrosion. The various types of brass conduit fittings include
- Bolts and screws
- Conduit bushes
- Conduit pipe fittings
- Male and female fittings
Brass Battery Terminals
Battery terminals refer to electrical contacts which can connect a load or charger to a single or multiple cells. From automobiles to marine industry, these terminals are always in demand. Brass is used to prepare battery terminals because,
- It is resistance to rust
- It is highly conductivity
- It does not crack or disintegrate even under high pressure
- Strong to sustain under aggressive environments
- Can be customized to meet the specific needs of the battery being used.
Brass Earthing Components
- It is a rust proof metal
- This metal is fire proof
- Brass fittings can be easily installed
- Brass is highly resistant to shocks
- Sturdy and durable serving your purpose for a long time
PRP refers to Polypropylene Random Copolymer, a material which is used to manufacture high end pipes. These pipes are generally used in oil and drilling industries where chemicals and liquids pass under high pressure. PRP fittings function as a sealant between two pipes or from a pipe to the end equipment; this means any leakage or loose end will led to flow of acidic liquids at the workplace which in turn may lead to mishaps. Brass PRP fittings create a tight binding on the pipes, preventing any flow out. Also, these brass accessories are resistant to
- Aggressive weather and
- Extreme temperature
Brass CNC Parts
CNC machines are some of the toughest devices to be worked with. This means use of weak or low standard CNC accessories wither may lead to accidents or may get damaged easily. CNC machines require robust body parts and brass is considered suitable because
- Not prone to rust
- It has high tensile strength
- Can be crafted to perfect dimensions
But sometimes use of low grade brass reduces the efficacy of the equipment. Hence while buying brass components the following aspects should be kept in mind-
- Free cutting brass like IS 319 (Type I), BS 249 (Type I) is used.
- The threads used comply with international standards of BA, BSW or UNF/UNC.
- Available in various sizes like 1 inch, 1/2 inch, 3/4 inch, 2 inches
- Can be customized as per the requirements of the users
- Has variable thread sizes like BSP and BSPT.
- Extra safe with nickel, natural or chrome plating.
So from plumbing to electrical services, whether you are transferring gas from one place to another or water under high pressure; brass is a reliable metal for every purpose. If you want brass fittings to give a decorative look to your home, there are lacquered, antique or nickel finished brass fittings available in the market. Resort to brass parts in India today to have a safe working environment for your workers or a secure living space for your family.
Ultracab Wires: Custom Battery Cables Manufacturers India.