The Devasting and Destructive Nature of Substance Abuse
Addiction is devasting you and your family and is one of the most challenging things to overcome. If you are an addict, know that you cannot overcome your addiction alone. You need help.
Know that if you commit to entering a rehab facility for your addiction to drugs or alcohol, be sure you are a good match for the program offered. Your choice of a rehab facility does not mean that the facility you chose is not worth trying.
The facility you choose makes the difference between your successful recovery or not from addiction. When selecting a rehab facility, please be aware of the following before you commit to enrolling in the program.
When you decide to enter into a rehabilitation facility for your addiction, keep in mind that your goal is a successful and permanent separation from your addiction and always live your life free from addiction even after leaving the facility and returning home.
It is vital to know that not all rehab facilities are created equal. You need to take an in-depth look at why some rehab facilities do not work for some individuals.
Reasons Why Some Rehab Facilities Do Not Work
Never enter a rehab facility unwillingly because the chances are that you will not give the program your most profound participation. The following are some reasons why addiction rehab facilities fail.
- Perhaps the facility does not provide adequate support.
- Individuals drop out of the program early.
- Some facilities offer unnecessary services and high prices.
- There is a lack of well-trained or poorly trained therapists.
- Never let there be a lack of participation on your part. Successful recovery happens if you are fully committed to the program.
- You may expect instant results and success. You did not become addicted overnight. Addiction is a gradual process, as is trying to become unaddicted. You will need more than one month to recover successfully. Most individuals addicted to drugs or alcohol require at least a three-month stay as an inpatient in a rehab facility.
- Unwillingness to work through factors that led to your addiction. Facilities should never offer a fixed stay for patients.
- You may find that you cannot adjust to significant lifestyle changes away from your addiction.
- The program you choose is not tailored to your individual needs surrounding the addiction’s effect on you and your family.
- The root causes of your addiction are not addressed. These root issues can cause you a relapse.
- The program does not strive to heal the mental or physical issues surrounding your addiction.
- Lack of family support once discharged back home, or perhaps there is an addiction to drugs and alcohol in your home environment.
- There may be a lack of aftercare involving ongoing addiction counseling.
- The program fails to make referrals, or you fail to follow up with referrals after rehab, such as but not limited to groups such as attending regular A.A. meetings and private ongoing counseling therapy sessions.
- The facility does not address addiction cravings after rehab.
- The facility does not address traumatic experiences that possibly led to your addiction.
Finding the Right Rehab Program for You
If you enter into a rehab program and are not successful, it does not mean that a rehab program never works for you. It may be necessary to choose a different treatment facility.
Everyone is different and requires other techniques geared towards healing and completing recovery. Our staff at The Process Recovery Center recognizes the differences in the individual needs of each patient’s plan of care and complete and successful recovery from addiction.
In your search for a suitable rehab facility, the facility should report a high success rate in treating addiction during and after patients leave the facility.
Be sure that the addiction rehab facility you choose provides you with a mixture of therapies geared towards mental, physical, and spiritual wellness.
Rehab addiction treatments that lean towards a holistic approach are best and show a higher element of success for the addicted.
- Accident Rehab: Have You Been Injured In A Car Accident?
- Importance of Seeking Help From a Drug Rehab Center
- How To Choose a Drug Rehab Treatment Center