Many technical organizations have discovered that adopting remote work policies brings many advantages. For example, they are able to hire dedicated developers who develop software end-to-end.
This means you do not need an office of your own anymore, among other advantages we’ll explore below. Here is how you can build such a team for your organization.
How To Hire Dedicated Developers For Your Development Needs
Dedicated developers are teams of developers that work strictly on the software project of a single, select client. This model of development is called the dedicated team model.
Evaluating The Dedicated Team Model
Under the dedicated team model, a team of experts combines their skills to execute on a project. You can find dedicated teams in I.T. centers around the world where there is a good mix of talent and systems for meeting the demand for global delivery.
Some examples are Kiev in Ukraine, Krakow in Poland, and Cebu in the Philippines. Large companies are active in these locations and there are established supply chains that can help you quickly find the developers you need.
The best part, however, is that you do not have to do the hard work of recruitment yourself. Rather, a project partner in the appropriate location does the recruiting for you. This way, you can quickly get up and running with a project in a matter of days, not weeks.
Your dedicated team will bill the development services either at a blended hourly rate for all the professionals, or a flat project fee. A lot of the overhead you would normally associate with doing technical work is eliminated.
Dedicated Team Structure
A dedicated project team will handle the design and development of your software from the ground up. You may, of course, supplement it with extra resources from your own organization.
Either way, it will need the following major roles in order to execute effectively on the development:
- Project Manager – A project administrator with deep expertise in project management, to ensure the project is completed successfully.
- Graphic and Web Designers – Designers create graphics, logos, web and mobile user interfaces, among other designs.
- QA & Testing Specialists – Testers help catch bugs early. Catching and fixing software defects during the development phase costs less than fixing them when the software has already been deployed.
What Are The Dedicated Project Team Advantages?
Hiring a dedicated team instead of an in-house team in an office can not only save you thousands in development cost but can lead to better quality software.
In countries like Ukraine, you can get top-tier expert developers to work on your project who would be beyond your budget locally.
These expert developers work fast, with accuracy, and get projects completed more quickly. The reduction in project delivery times means that total project costs will be less than if you hired developers in your city.
The Right Locations Can Bring Big Advantages
For building your dedicated development team, you should look at countries with the right characteristics for this model. Features of such countries include:
- Great information technology infrastructure
- Supply chains of software and technology services are well established
- A large talent pool of developers and other I.T. knowledge workers
- English language skill to facilitate international business communications
A review of the most popular centers for remote software development using the dedicated resource model reveals that countries like Ukraine and others have the best conditions.
Best Destinations To Hire Remote Developers
The A.T. Kearney Global Services Locations Index report from 2016 quantifies these factors. Ukraine was among the top nations. The report noted, among other things, the following positives for sourcing development from the country:
- The government implemented reforms that boosted the country’s competitiveness
- The country has more than 500 outsourcing companies and 100 R&D centers
- More than 50,000 engineers at the time, a figure that has been growing rapidly
Some other great destinations highlighted by the report include Poland, Mexico, China, India, Estonia, and Lithuania. When it comes to financial attractiveness, however, Ukraine is among the best choices.
The Reality Of Working Office-Free
The reality of software development in a tech-enabled environment is that it’s possible for more work to be done without needing an office. Even though teams working in the same office were a strict requirement in the past, nowadays more teams are exploring remote work.
Working with a team without renting an office is possible now thanks to the availability of talent in tech centers such as Ukraine.
Don’t Miss Related Stories
- Anatomy of a Tech Startup Team
- 15 Productivity Roadblocks Hindering Your Team
- How Successful Teams Use Project Management Software
- Why Every Team Needs Work Management Tools